Weekend Recap

OK, I know you’re all thinking that my prior proclamation about Winter being dead was wrong, but actually it was correct. See, this last bout of snow was actually the winter-season equivalent of a zombie. It was undead winter, a dead season rising from the grave to rampage across much of the country. Actually, I feel really sorry for the suckaz up north of us. We didn’t get hit all that hard, by comparison. However, the forecast for this week is 60s and sunny, so we should finally be able to kick this snow crap outta here for a good long time.
I haven’t brewed any beer in a while, and I’m thinkin’ it’s about time to do so. I’m going to stop by Midwest this weekend and pick something up. I have something tasty and new just in time for summer. Now I just need to think of what to brew. Mmm. Beer.

Our weekend was pretty uneventful, but fun. I had class on Saturday, so my Friday night wasn’t anything special…just studying some Criminal Law. (Aside: Criminal law cases often make me laugh, because of how freaking stupid people are. They also often make me really sad…because of how freaking stupid people are.) Saturday night some friends came over and we watched Superbad. That movie cracked me up. Watch it, if you haven’t already.

Kerry worked on Sunday, so I was home with my spitfire of a little girl for most of the day. We had fun. After her nap, we piled in the car and went to Kerry’s work, because there was a puppet show going on. (I know that most of you know this already, but Kerry works at a nature center. She occasionally puts on puppet shows about nature, and they’re very well done.) Gwen and I arrived, and she went crazy looking at all of the fun stuff. She always has a great time at the nature center, checking out the animals and stuff. We had a good time. When the puppet show started, she stood in my lap (yep, stood…she wanted the best possible view) and stared intently at the puppets as the show progressed. Kerry was the voice of several puppets, but a particular bunny puppet was very close to her actual voice. When it started talking, Gwen yelled, “MAMA!” It was funny. When the show ended, Gwen was the first to clap, and she yelled “YAY!!!” Very cute.

1 comment:

areabassist said...

Super cute!

And Superbad is awesome. I didn't think I'd like it, but taken for what it is (a look inside the mind of a 17 year old) it's funny as hell.

"We need some road beers! I'll need 13 beers."