Another year winds to a close

Yesterday I registered for fall classes for next year. It was the least painful registration experience that I've had, as I was able to get into everything I wanted almost without exception. That's pretty rad. I've hated registering for classes since my first day of freshman orientation in college. I have consistently been reamed by the system, whether for my last name's unfortunate placement in the alphabet, the popularity of all of the classes I have wanted, or some other reason. This time it was pretty painless.

Well, except for one little thing...one of the classes that I wanted to take dropped to only 2 credits during the section that I wanted to take it in. I needed to take it for 3 credits, so once again I'm stuck with a Saturday class. That's not nearly as bad these days, since I'm awake at 6:30 on Saturday morning no matter what anyway. Everything works out, and I ended up with no class on Monday and Friday night. That will be nice.

Have I mentioned nostalgia lately? I've been finding all of these old friends from my college years on Facebook. Any time that something like that happens, I get kind of sad. I'm always sad to have lost touch with people in the first place, but these days it makes me realize that I haven't been in college in almost a decade, which in turn means that all of these people that I considered good friends back in the day have had zero communication from me in nigh on ten years.

Of course then I realize that it cuts both ways. I'm not the only one that hasn't been talking. ;) Either way, I think that getting back in touch with people is awesome. It just makes me face my oldness. Or something.

The weather this week has been crappy, and that also contributes to my funk. That's funk like feeling bad, not funk like stinky or funk like George Clinton. Although, I like to bring all of the funk I can...a triple-funk situation involving me with a frown, smelling of farts and playing some tight "wookachicka" riffs would rule. Maybe I'll try and make that happen.

Along with this springiness and the whole mentality of the year drawing to a close comes the stark realization that I only have one year left of law school. After that my world goes into upheaval once again. Just when I started getting used to this craziness, I have to go and adapt to an entire re-working of life. Of course, I won't be going to school and working full-time anymore, which will make even an unusually long work week seem like a cakewalk.

No comments: