One down

Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Classes have been drawing to a close, and finals week has been thrust upon me like a heaping scoop of aunt Mabel's potato salad at a family reunion.*

Ugh. The first final that I had to take was for Income Tax. I actually didn’t mind the class at all, but the final sucked. Generally I go through a bit of a ritual when taking finals. I take some deep breaths, and then I read through the exam twice. On my first read-through for this test, I actually seriously wondered if I had been given an exam for the wrong class. Everything on the page just looked completely different than anything I’d studied.

After another read-through I kind of figured it out (at least to the point that I had an answer to most of the questions) but still suffered through two brutal hours of torturing my brain to give up the information that I hoped was secreted away there, somewhere in the deep caves of memory. Alas, sometimes it doesn’t matter how much digging I do…there’s just nothing to remember. Hopefully I didn’t bomb the thing too badly. It was yucky.

Lately I’ve been entertaining myself by playing some Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. Yeah, I’m kickin’ it old school. The only trouble is that everything on my PS2 looks like utter crap on my TV, because my TV rules and my PS2 is old. For a partial solution, I need to go pick up a component cable for the thing. That will help. I’m using composite right now, because…well because it didn’t matter before. It matters now, therefore the view will be at least slightly better after I spurge and spend 15 measly bucks on a cable.

I’ve got over a week until my next final. This means that I’m basically free every night this week, which is more than just a little bit awesome. It’s a whole heaping load of awesome. My next final is a take-home exam. As a rule I hate take-home exams, because they’re always harder and take WAY more time than an in-class exam. However, after last night’s pile of stress, I’m eager for a change of test type. After that, I’ve got to wait until May 10th for my last test, but then I’ll be DONE FOR THE SUMMER. Sweet, blessed freedom, I can’t wait to taste thee.

I can’t believe how fast it’s gone, but I’ll only have one year left after this one comes to a close. Three down, one to go, and they keep going more and more quickly. I imagine next year will fly by like a rocket, but right now all I want to think about is summer.

Speaking of summer, could we please get some nice weather up in here? This cold and snow is getting fraking ridiculous. We had more snow this past weekend. Seriously, it's the end of April! Enough already! GRR.

*I do not have an aunt Mabel, and if I did I'm sure that she would make excellent potato salad.

No comments: