Tight and Stinky

So I just watched one of our IT department members lead a copy machine repairman through the hallway, past my office. He was pushing a copy machine on a cart. A couple of minutes later, the same two passed, moving in the same direction, doing the same thing. Now, I know after checking into my facts that it was actually two different copy machines, and that to get the second one they had gone through a different hallway. However, from my perspective, it had looked like they were doing laps around the building with a copy machine. OK, this story is only funny to me, I think. It loses something when reduced to text -- much like dead rock star bands with George Harrison on bass.

A thread on the Jabberboard, posted by T-Rav, inspired me to continue my career as a rap superstar. I don’t feel like locating the specific thread or link, but the gist of it is that there’s a challenge for people to create an album of music during the month of February. This sounds like fun. I’m gonna try it. What the heck. The point is not to make a good album, it’s just to make an album. I even wrote some new lyrics yesterday, including such poetic nuggets as “…The Funk / I’m bringing is tight and stinky kinda like a dying skunk / Stuffed down the girl-pants of some emo punk”. I expect a Grammy nomination post-haste.

Gwenner can suddenly talk now. It’s not perfect English, of course, but it’s like some sort of switch flipped inside her head and she just understands how words work. There’s still a lot of cuteness involved with the process. We put her mittens on her hands this morning, and said, “Here are your mittens!” She looked quizzically at one of them and said, “MINNEN!” Adorable. (To me at least). Then, understanding that bundling up against the cold means that we’re leaving, she started waving and saying, “BYE!!! BYE!!!” What a cutie.

My marathon of Star Trek came to an abrupt halt in favor of watching whatever stupid shit is being broadcast in HD, simply for the reason that HD is the bomb. So yeah. Who needs Kirk and Spock when you can see the top 100 Guinness World Records? Mmm, Guinness. Makes me want another stout. Tonight, perhaps.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

I'm going to attempt the same thing, though being the dork I am, I'm trying for one continuous 35 minute song.

I'll give you $20 if you teach Gwenner to speak in WoW abbreviations and l33t speek.

areabassist said...

My wife is already planning a release party for the 29th. LOL