Stimulating the Economy!

I spent most of Saturday and Sunday watching my glorious new TV. Yes indeed, on Saturday I went to Best Buy with Kerry and Gwen, and we picked up a spankin’ new 40” Samsung. It has become a wonderful part of our family, and has quickly gotten used to its new surroundings. As of right now, it is completely housebroken, and is well on its way to becoming a perfect companion and nanny. I love the new TV. Hehe. Toys are fun. Now I’ve just gotta work out the WoW vendor mathematics and apply them to the old TV in order to sell it. Maybe I should use a Dragon Warrior sales scheme instead…sell it for ½ of what I paid for it. Hmm. Not sure of that amount. That’s not something to decide right now, though.

Aside from getting the TV, the weekend was excellent. My prof is behind in my Tax class, so this means that I got a weekend that was completely homework free. This is and always will be a wonderful feeling. I got to spend the weekend hanging out with my girls, doing essentially whatever we wanted to do. It was a thousand kinds of awesome.

Yesterday, in order to get out of the house (the TV needs some time on its own, to become completely comfortable) Kerry and I took Gwenner to the Mall of America. We bopped around there and had a grand old time. Gwen loves looking at the lights and people, and just absorbing all of the sights, sounds, and smells of chaotic commerce. She’s going to grow up to be a fine shopper, especially if she’s anything like her mom. In other words, I’m doomed.
While we were there, we took the punk to Underwater Adventures to check out the fish. U.A. was absolutely packed, which is most likely because recent events have led people to expect hot shark on shark action. Thankfully there were no instances of sharky cannibalism yesterday.
Gwen was terrified at first, because the first section (The foresty, pond-filled area for those that have been there) has a very loud roaring waterfall. That, coupled with all of the people, caused lil’ miss Gwennerpants to clutch at Kerry with vise-like strength, and to occasionally whimper or even wail. All of that changed when we got into the aquarium tube, though. At that point, she started LOVING it. She would point at ever fish, turtle, or other sea creature that would swim by, and she would freak out with glee. She even learned how to say ‘turtle’ before the end of the day. What a crazy little cutie-pie.

I bottled my Trappist ale last night, and the taste that I took of it made me supremely excited for the finished product. Two weeks oughtta do it. This brew is gonna knock people on their keisters. Should be awesome.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

Cute! Make sure you teach Gwenner that turtles have a decent drop rate for Turtle Scales, which are always in demand at the AH for leatherworkers.

rhyan/djay said...

My Oldcastle should be ready for drinkin' by Super Bowl Sunday. :^D Hopefully, it'll taste better than the Irish Stout. :^)