A Day Off

So I took the day off today. I totally had great intentions -- I was going to go to the Court of Appeals and observe some oral arguments. Yeah. It turns out that it was colder than @#$% outside this morning, and that Kerry needed the car today. My own car is still covered by a foot of snow and ice, because we carpool pretty much every day. Therefore, I figured that Old Man Winter was telling me that I should just take the day and do fun things. So I did.

I played a little WoW in the morning, but not too much. I actually managed to get a bunch of reading done for school, so I was fairly productive. Then Kerry and I went and experienced my first venture into Indian cuisine. It was actually delicious, despite my preconceived notions. I'd go back. Good stuff.

After that we went to the mall and got some clothes and such. Then we went to Beast Buy and looked at some awesome TVs. We've made up our minds on a nice set to purchase, and we're excited to get it. Most likely that will happen this saturday, which is full of win.

I've been on a Star Trek kick lately, watching season one of the original series. It's completely badass, and I love it. It's kind of random that I decided to get into it now, but it's actually a really impressive series.

Yesterday, I accomplished something that I haven't been able to do in a long, long time: I finished a story of fiction, all the way to its conclusion. Usually I start something, write and write and write, and never finish it. This time, I did. The story is called "Three", and it's a kind of zany and profane look at parallel universes and the like. If you want to read it, send me an email and I'll shoot it over to you. It's 50 pages, so it stretches the boundaries of "short" story, but it's a quick read. It's also my first foray into writing something in the first person (aside from assignments given to me for my English major upwards of a decade ago).

That's all I have for this evening. I shall return on the morrow, most like.

1 comment:

areabassist said...

Did you find a use for your old TV?