Rant

When people steal from someone else, it’s seriously one of the crappiest things in the world. That whole “something for nothing” mentality is a load of crap to me. People that steal just suck. Now I realize that many are technically guilty of stealing something on some level, like music for instance. I think we all know that there’s varying degrees of suckitude here, and that particular example is on the low end of the spectrum. Taking two grapes from the grocery store is also not a big deal. The reason? It’s an inconvenience at best to a giant mega-entity that is perfectly aware of a certain amount of this type of behavior and is prepared to deal with the relatively minor inconvenience of the deal.

However, when it comes down to stealing something from a single person, that’s when it starts getting really effing evil.

I say this because two of my friends have had their World of Warcraft accounts hacked and stolen, and all of the hours (nay, days) of work that they put into their characters wiped away in one swell foop by some stupid prick. I think that people that do this sort of thing should have their hands removed. Sometimes the best method is the medieval method. Sorry for ranting here, but it really cheeses my freaking beef.

Hopefully this latest prickery will be rectified by Blizzard management and all will be set aright. The thing that really bugs me is that whoever does this crap is probably going to get away with it.

I love video games. I absolutely love ‘em. What I don’t understand, never have, and never will, is why (especially in an online environment) people have to be such complete and utter tools about it. I’m not just talking about hacking accounts, which is the pinnacle of idiotic jerkness. I’m talking about the wastes of mommy and daddy’s juices that make death threats to the children of people that beat them in Halo. Seriously WTF? You’re dumb. I’m talking about the people that spend actual currency in order to purchase a high-level character on an MMORPG. Dood…did you just spend a bunch of money so that you wouldn’t have to play the game? WTF? You’re dumb. I’m tempted to give up the online life and just play Zelda or something, so that I have absolutely no chance of having some tool 10-year-old spamming me to help him with “just one more quest” before his mom makes him go to bed.

OK That’s a lie. I love WoW too much.

1 comment:

areabassist said...

What bugs me about the whole process is that the people who did this have taken something that is fun and made it into something that is serious. And that's not cool.

That being said, i still plan on having fun. I'll just be a little skittish at first.