Stupid @#$% snow.

I hate snow. It’s the freaking last day of March. I have no idea why this always happens around here. It was a beautiful weekend with temperatures near 50. My grass was greenish, and my yard was free of snow. Now, KERSPLAT: Dumped on.

Two years ago, something very similar to this happened. That time, school was cancelled. It turned out to be awesome, because I had a 25-page paper due that night that I hadn’t written to the best of my ability. The snow allowed me to make some very necessary revisions. I’ve got a similar situation this evening: A test in Income Tax. Although tonight’s test is far less stressful than the paper from days of yore, it would still be nice to not take the test until Wednesday. Still, this year, I’m so sick of snow that I could puke. I’d rather take a test.

With my luck, we’ll get snow dumped on us and class won’t be cancelled anyway, so I’ll get the poopy end of that stick…twice.

This weekend was incredibly uneventful. I watched a ton of Star Wars (II, III, and IV) and did quite a bit of studying. The Fam and I went out on Saturday night to Don Pablo’s with a couple of friends. That was fun, but the service was incredibly bad. We got on a wait list and went upstairs to sit at the bar. Yep, we had the baby with us, and were sitting at the bar. It’s never too early to learn how to drink. Anyway, while we were up there, they scribbled our name off the list, because they were a bunch of freaking idiots. Kerry eventually went downstairs and threw down. It was precious.

Gwen stayed up really late that night, which was stressful and cute all rolled into one. She was wild and crazy, chasing after the doggies at our friends’ house while the rest of us played Wii. She had a TV remote that she was carrying around, and she would try to make the Wii work with it. What a cutie. She was up until way past her bedtime, though. You’d think that that would have inspired her to sleep in late…she slept until 7:30. That’s pretty good for her, I guess -- still not great. She was sleeping in my arms by 9:30, though. She hasn’t done that in a long time. The funny thing is that that was the second time that she’s fallen asleep while watching Star Wars Episode III with me. No daughter of mine, I say!

My parents are currently in Paris, which would make me burn with jealousy even if the weather there were cold. Adding insult to injury, all of the pictures they’ve sent include flowers, sunshine, and green grass. My jealousy is heightened. However, one of the emails that my Dad sent me included this nugget of hilarity:

“This evening we walked down by the Seine and had a beer and dinner at a sidewalk cafe. The attached picture was taken just before a bird pooped on my head. Your mother enjoyed that more than [the Louvre]. I am getting the full Paris experience.”

Good times. Hee hee.

No comments: