Music and poop?

So my friends write some dang good music. T-Rav finished his Frostsaber album, and it’s some excellent stuff (done start to finish in February!). Likewise, Ryan finished his Kathetor album, and I know without even having to listen to it that it’s extremely well done. Me? I had fun recording some rap. I didn’t finish an album, but I had a good time. Maybe I’ll finish it someday. I’ve got it all written. Honestly, though, I’m sick of Sleazy Oral B. I think that maybe the character might just have died in mid-February in a tragic bulldozer accident. His legacy can live on in the music that he created. I’ll do a quick 2008 version of Sonicare sometime, throw Dragon Warrior onto the album, and call it good.

That’s the weird thing about me and musicianship (and maybe I’m just trying to compensate or blow sunshine up my own backside here). I know that I’m a good musician and songwriter. I also know darn well that my destiny does NOT involve the recording, producing, and mixing of music, because that stuff is extremely tedious for me. As a result, almost everything I have ever recorded by myself has been done in one take, and once I plug everything essential into the song, there’s very little I do afterwards. I might adjust the volume on a track from time to time.

I think I really just miss writing music that’s real. Sleazy is obviously not meant to be taken seriously; nor is Ghola. That one might be slightly more serious than Sleaze, but yeah…still silly subject matter, when you get right down to it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason that I want to do some Jabberwocky stuff soon. Time is always an issue there, but it’s definitely past time I picked up the acoustic guitar, a pen and some paper and get to work on something.

My daughter learned a very useful new word. She walked up to Kerry this morning and said, “POOP!” Sure enough, she had a nice load in her pants. That’s gonna come in useful, for sure. Now I switch into daddy bragging mode, so if you want to tune out here, I won’t be offended. My daughter is so freaking smart! She has a HUGE vocabulary now, and isn’t afraid to use it. Mama, dada, ball, kitty, bubbles, uh-oh, flower, moon, spoon, shoe, sock, star, doggy, baby, nuk, night-night, no-no, more, turtle, juice, cow, duck, whee!, all done, bye, hi, and even POOP! There is a bunch more that I’m forgetting!

She also has the added bonus of being the cutest little thing I’ve ever set eyes on. I know I’m biased. I also know I’m right. ;)

2 comments:

rhyan/djay said...

I'm 100% with ya on the writing of new Jabberwocky.

And if you need someone to mix anything you want mixed, I'm more than happy to do it.

(Although with me, that apparently means re-recording stuff ;) )

areabassist said...

You should start by turning Gwenner's words into a song.

You can call it MORE TURTLE JUICE.