WOILL!

I’m not in a metal mood right now, but I’m in a “surprise me, iPod!” kind of mood, so I’m listening to songs on shuffle. I’ve been skipping any metal that comes up, but “Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr” by Trivium just came on, and I just had to listen to it because it makes me laugh so hard. BOAT! RUDDER! STRANGE MOUNTAIN! Twigidee. You know, maybe I should listen to their newer album, because as it stands I just think their band is kind of a joke. I heard they got better. Meh.

I went to Lundo’s place last night and played Rock Band with him and Rhyno. That was holy-crap-awesome. It really is just Guitar Hero +, but the + is a +20 to awesomeness. I would buy it if a) I had friends that came to visit more than once a month and b) it wasn’t so darned pricey. I was also surprised that the song selection was so awesome. Many of the tunes were actually repeats from the GH games, but there was a ton of cool stuff. Songs would come up when we were doing “mystery setlists” that would make all three of us cheer. (Enter Sandman! Hell yeah!) Great fun was had, especially when making Lundo sing songs that he didn’t know at all. Yay for the Pixies.

Tomorrow night my family and I are heading out of town, this time with the baby in tow. We’ll stop for a night at my parents’ place, and then it’s off to the wild world of Alexandria. Yeah, you read that right. It’s vacationland USA for those who can’t travel far! We might, just might, visit the Kensington Runestone museum. You just NEVER KNOW what wild craziness we’ll come up to!

Actually, Kerry and I have become addicted to hotel rooms with hot tubs, so this is just another fix for our devastating habit. ;) No, really, we just love getting out of town from time to time.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

A pilgrimage to my birthplace. Are you taking the "Areabassist Tour", where you visit my birthplace, and all the places I used to work?

Actually..... make sure you check out Sixth Avenue Wine and Ale, located on 6th and Broadway. Aside from being a fantastic wine bar with some light menu options, appetizers and what not, it also used to be known as the Sixth Avenue Youth Center, and what is now the kitchen was home to my first rock shows.

rhyan/djay said...

Having gone to St Cloud for similar reasons lately, I will predict that you'll have a fun time. I don't think it really matters where you go. The point is to get away from everyday life. :^)
I think the most exciting thing Meghan & I did was go to a thrift store and buy a picture frame, but we had a blast.