Back!

Wow, it’s been quite a while since I’ve posted anything. I’ll try to get back into the swing of things.

I’m currently listening to a RatDog show that took place in St. Paul on Friday night. Apparently RatDog has a fairly awesome system where you can get a soundboard copy of the show within 20 minutes of the show’s end. Kerry’s boss was at the show, and kind enough to give me a copy. It’s making realize how much I’ve missed jam music lately.

I seriously listen to a lot of different types of music, as is probably obvious from my posts. I’m not gonna be one of those guys that says something like, “I listen to all kinds of music”, because I don’t. There’s tons of music that I can’t stand or just don’t listen to. I’ll freely admit that my tastes are somewhat eclectic, though.

In fact, Ryan and I decided to write some punk rock the other night, and the results were rad. Since Sleazy Oral B never finished anything in his life (including his suicide attempt, wherein he jumped off a bridge over 394 and was tragically hit by a bus before he could hit the pavement), I’ve decided that it’s on to punk music for…oh, let’s say two songs; maybe more. Ladies and gentlemen, I present PIEHOLE.

Kerry gave me a compliment (I think) about this type of thing. See, I go through phases. I’m not ashamed to admit it. Some of them have been pretty stupid. For instance, I had a Batman phase when the first Batman movie came out. That was pretty dumb. However, most of my current phases have been musical. Anyway, what Kerry told me was that I impressed her, because when I have an idea I go do it. On a whim, I decided to record some rap music. So I did. Same with the punk. Anyway, I’m not trying to brag about myself or anything, I just thought it was nice to hear. I’m sure this annoys other people quite a bit. (“Hey Ryan! I’m coming over. We’re going to record some punk rock.”) It’s fun for me, though. Oftentimes, after the initial WTF moment, it ends up being fun for other people, too.

We had a good Easter weekend. Gwen and her cousin Charlotte were both dressed up in pretty yellow Easter dresses, and were the two cutest girls in the universe. They were both adorable, and were the center of attention as usual. It’s so fun to see the two girls interact with each other now. They used to just kind of lay there. Now they’re both mobile, Gwen walking and Charlotte very close. They smile at each other, wave, babble, and put pink grass from Easter baskets on each other’s head. All in all it was a really fun time.

1 comment:

rhyan/djay said...

Dude! You're never going to annoy me by wanting to write and/or record music. LOL

Just don't expect me to play a part in your Batman play for the community theater. ;^)