Spring is springing, I'm still a geek.

It’s all melting! The snow is swiftly receding and the air has a hint of spring to it. Lemme tell ya, being outside soothes the soul. Unfortunately, my soul has been thoroughly un-soothed by the beige and fluorescent world that is work. So yeah – it’s hard to “put my all” into being here. Blech.

It’s kind of funny around here this time of year, though. My work’s parking lot was designed by a madman, because the whole thing is a slope, right next to a really big hill. What this means is that on warm days, all of the snow melts off of the big hill and runs into our parking lot. Then the sun sets, and all of that water running through the parking lot freezes. The end result is a sloped skating rink of sorts. So, people come in to work in the morning, park on said skating rink, and are surprised to find that all of their cars have slid into each other. I wish I was kidding, but it happens every single year. Heck, it happened to me once, the first year I was here. Once, mind you. I’m not one of the people that it keeps happening to, year after year. I laugh at them. I laugh at them because I’ve been there, and am now wiser. They’ve been there, and are not. Hee hee. Chortle chortle. Har har.

The great melt that has been taking place has also been a source of a little disappointment for me. I had this ridiculously awesome icicle that was hanging off of my house. It almost went from the roof to the ground…that’s a big icicle. It was hard and straight and fierce. My plan was for it to continue building its awesome girth, and then on Sunday I would pluck it from its perch and bequeath it to T-Rav, saying something to the effect of, “Here is thy FROSTSABER, sir.” Then…I dunno, he’d hold it like a sword and we’d take a picture and then photoshop it into something epic. I’m telling you, it would have been awesome. Unfortunately, the problem with epic frostsabers is that they don’t survive 50-degree weather. The whole thing was completely gone on Tuesday…wiped from existence by the vengeful Sun God, Ra. Plan B: MUDSABER!

Continuing this thread of me being an absolute effing DORK and LOVING it, I’m super excited for Sunday, because on that evening, a vast horde is coming to my home to play some good ol’ Dungeons and Dragons. Yes, you read that right. Yes, I’m that much of a dork, and Yes, if you’re reading this there’s like an 85% chance that you’re going to be there, too, which makes you as much of a dork as I am. HUZZAH, I say. Lift high a horn filled to the brim with the Dew of the Mountains, and let loose your battle cry. The sky may rain fire, but all will be well in the land ere long.

4 comments:

areabassist said...

I would have wielded the blade with strength and honor. Then would have made a wiener joke.

Ben said...

Ryan will feel nothing but pain and misery when I find a giant, Epic KATHETOR.

rhyan/djay said...

LOL

Worst. Band Name. Ever.

Ben said...

Lollerz. You could hold a band meeting with all of the rest of the band and see if the band can collectively decide on a different name. ;)