Your Band Sucks.

Last night while I waited for class to start, I had to listen to two morons behind me talking about their crappy bands. I have no idea whether their bands are, in actuality, crappy or not. However, it’s a pretty good assumption, based off of three facts:
1. Their musical career is obviously stellar, since they’re pursuing a career in law (that was sarcasm)
2. Their fan base must be huge, since they were sitting in class trying to get each other to come out to each other’s show (more sarcasm)
3. The guy mentioned the White Stripes as an influence.
Sorry to any White Stripes fans out there, but seriously folks, they’re dumb. Therefore, so were the two people behind me. Hey reader, stop trying to poke holes in my logic. I know I’m right.

Speaking of law students that mistakenly think they’re good at music, I wrote a song this weekend that will probably be my direct ticket to hell. It’s called 2thpaste, and it’s crammed with as much innuendo as is possible to cram into (hehe) a song about oral hygiene. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. The rest of the album is coming along nicely as well. I’ve got tons of lyrics, most of which are dumb. I just need time to record ‘em.

Wow, I really thought I had more to talk about this week. Um…I guess I don’t. Tune in again soon. Heh.

3 comments:

areabassist said...

There's a pretty simply way to figure out if a band sucks. If they explain their sound as "Kind of like a combination of "INSERT_BAND" and "INSERT_BAND2", but with more of a "INSERT_GENRE" sound to it".... they suck.

Or if they're influenced by the White Stripes.

rhyan/djay said...

I was just listening to the mp3 of the "This Song Sucks" or whatever it's called and a vocalized bridge somehow appeared where there was none before.

HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY COMPUTER?!

Ben said...

hehehe no idea...I took down the old one and put up the new one with the exact same link...don't know how that got into your computer, though. LOL