Wednesdayness


I think there should be an Emo Beatles cover band called “In My Hour of Darkness”. I’d laugh at them, because they’d suck. Ahh, kids these days. I know that people my age made fun of me when I was their age. I had big huge floppy pants and a lack of respect for authority. Know what, thought? I did my crying in private. Mostly.

I’m listening to Metallica today, because it’s funny. I’m nostalgic. The Black Album is playing at the moment, and I’m laughing at the fact that in 1991, when I was desperately trying to learn how to play all of these songs on guitar, I would have laughed heartily at the idea of recording a rap album. Of course, I would have laughed heartily at the idea of being 31 years old, too. Then I probably would have sulked for a while because my level 10 Thief died.

Speaking of the rap album, it’s going well. I recorded a version of the classic Jabberwocky number “Whiskey”. Yes, Critical McCritical, it’s slower than Jabberwocky played it. I feel justified with this tempo, because I wrote the song. ;) So Sleazy does it slower. Sleazy’s laid back. (OK so Sleazy’s really just too lazy to change the tempo once he starts something.) Other songs are progressing as well. I’ve got more lyrics for more songs, and Rhyno is going to help me with some more awesomeness, which will add to the overall “this rules” effect. Either way, I think that it will get done. Either 35 minutes or 10 songs…one way or the other.

It’s Valiumtimes tomorrow! Spank someone you love. I know I will.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

If you really want to feel silly, think about this: We're older than Metallica was when they recorded the Black album.

rhyan/djay said...

Dammit, I told you I wasn't trying to be critical!