Day Off

So I took a vacation day today. The initial plan was that I was going to take our car in to the shop because of a weird clunking noise that it makes when turning or going over bumps. I took the whole day off, because I have a need for some relaxation time as well. Kerry is going to be off this afternoon, and we were going to go out for a nice lunch at the olive garden.

...Then the Gwenner got sick.

She's not acting sick, and she doesn't have a fever, but she puked last night. Due to my cursed honesty, she can't go to daycare. So, daddy and daughter are at home, and my day of relaxation turned to a day of exactly the opposite, and one where I'm burning a vacation day rather than a sick day.

That SUCKS.

Don't get me wrong. I like hanging out with my daughter, very much. Today, though, I wanted to hang out with a book and a wife, in that order. Phooey.

Perhaps more later.

No comments: