Well that's done...

The MRI wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I have had one before, but not since I was about 13 or 14. Anyway, I think the thing that I had been fearing most about it was the IV. I have a thing against needles. However, yesterday I had an IV in one arm and a blood draw from the other, so I have freaking track marks on my arms like some junkie. Whoopee!

Interesting advances in medical technology have led to the option of piped-in music during an MRI. This is funny for a couple of reasons. First off, the volume of the music isn't high at all. However, for anyone that's had one, is a doctor, or has seen an episode of House or Scrubs or something, you know that an MRI machine is not a low-volume thingamajig. It's loud. It goes something like WHRRRRRRR CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK. However, there are pauses in the whirring and clacking, which allowed my selection of 90s alternative music to filter to my ears. The result was something like WHRRRRRRR CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK Euro trash girl!!!! She's my Euro trash girl! WHRRRRRR CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK Head like a hole! Black as your soul! I'd rather die! Than give you conWHRRRRRRRRCLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK. Thankfully the whole MRI process was over shortly after they started playing Creed. Being trapped in a tube and forced to listen to Creed is pretty much my vision of hell.

Here are some fun things to do if ever you're stuck in an MRI tube:
1. Pretend you're Spock's body in Star Trek 2, being launched onto the Genesis planet.
2. Try to develop x-ray vision and see through the plastic directly in front of you
3. Count WHRRRs and CLACKs
4. Whenever any medical staff member asks how you're doing, reply in song.
5. Practice long division in your head.

Yeah, ok, so it's boring. Anyway, that was my lovely afternoon yesterday. Apparently everything is OK...they said that they'd tell me if there was anything critical. I assume that means egg-sized brain tumors, and no one has called me yet. So that's cool, anyway.

I'm excited to play some WoW with Lundo this evening. That's my random thought for the afternoon.

So New Years Eve plans have taken shape and form, and Kerry and I are staying at a hotel with a bunch of friends, and it's going to freaking rock. My parents are watching the Gwenner that night (they say that she gets to stay up as late as she wants! I predict...7:00 PM) and we've got a suite, so there will be much revelry and the playing of video games. Life is good. The hotel actually has an Irish pub in it, which is completely cool. Also, the fact that none of us will have to drive that night is SUPER awesome to the billionth power. Even if you're stone cold sober on NYE (like me, last year) driving is terrible, because everyone else is like 200% more likely to be wasted. It's a huge bonus not to have to drive.

That's all I've got for now.

No comments: