The Problem

See, right here? This is the problem with a blog. Eventually I run into a time when I just genuinely don't have a damn thing that's interesting to talk about. However, it's my nature to plug away anyway, and end up with a page of mindless drivel. Hah. Oh well, I'm not the one reading it. That's you. Sucka.

It sucks that it's monday, because I'm back at work. However, it RULES that it's monday and I can go home, crack open a beer if I want to, and spend the entire evening
a) NOT studying!
b) NOT going to class!
c) NOT giving my daughter a bath!

OK that third one will require some explanation. First, I don't have to do it tonight because it was my turn last bath, and that was last night. Since she gets a bath every other night, I have some time before my turn comes around again. Second, I don't know why, but giving Gwen a bath is seriously the most stressful thing in the world to me. No idea...it's just a phobia or something. I constantly think that I'm going to get soap in her eyes or that she'll slip out of my grip when I'm taking her out of the tub or something. It FREAKS ME OUT to the point of stomach aches.

That said, I've never actually had any of the catastrophes that I envision happening. In fact, Gwenner LOVES the bath. She plays with her tub toys and has a grand old time. The problem is entirely on my end. But right now, I don't care. Because I DON'T have to give her a bath tonight!! Nor do I have to go to class or do any reading whatsoever. That rules.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging, otherwise known as "what the fark am I going to talk about today!?"

rhyan/djay said...

I usually just go for weeks without posting anything, and then post some little pity post like "I like the sound of a running dishwasher."

;^)