Free Coffee / Christmas Music

I just took a sip of my morning coffee and it's about the same temperature as...well...the room. I guess you'd call that room temperature. It's gross, but I'm drinking it anyway, because it's free. I love the fact that I get free coffee at work. However, this morning's masterful blend of lukewarm delight is most likely from sometime last night, and it's been sitting out in a carafe all night cooling down. That's the problem with free coffee. You get what you pay for. Know what? I'm drinking it anyway. I'd put my mug in the microwave, but my mug is metal. \m/>_<\m/

Ahh, work. I'm sure that it's the same situation at workplaces all over the world, but there just isn't a lot to do on the last day before the Christmas holiday. We're closed Monday as well as Tuesday, so today is that day. The piped-in music here has been set to Christmas music for the last month or so. Now, Christmas music doesn't bother me all that much, but the crap that's force fed to us here is really really terrible. Also, there are no less than five versions of "Little Drummer Boy" that play (along with a couple other oft-repeated songs). This means that you hear that song at least five times a day.

One thing that holiday weeks like this are good for is Office Supply Art. T-Rav made a pretty awesome Pipe Cleaner Octopus over at his work, and after seeing a picture of it I knew that I had to quickly find some sort of defense against a monstrosity of that nature. Behold, for I have summoned CTHULAHU:





Merry Christmas, everyone. If you're into that sort of thing. If not, well then have a great weekend. Me, I'm super-duper looking forward to Christmas. It's gonna be awesome to see my little girl light up. She doesn't quite understand the whole unwrapping presents thing, but she's catching on. She loves toys, too...once she gets one out of the box, it doesn't take her very long to figure out how to use it, and she just goes to town. It's hilarious. Anyway, we'll have quite a bit of Christmas for the little girl over the course of this weekend. We're heading up to the in-laws' house tomorrow morning and staying there until Monday. From there, we head back to my grandparents' place for Christmas eve and stay until Christmas day. I'm so looking forward to seeing my family. I wish you all a very merry Christmas. Even that stupid ostrich.

1 comment:

rhyan/djay said...

Merry Christmas dooder!