Metal and Beef

FINISHED WITH FINALS! Yet another semester has come to a close, and I can't express how much that rocks. Three more and I'll be a lawyer. Well, provided I pass the bar exam, of course. We'll have to see.

Last night I went and saw The Sword (as mentioned previously) Ryan, T-Rav, and Greg were there as well. The first two bands were interesting to say the least, in a way that pretty much sucked. First off, I understand that metal shows are supposed to be loud, but without earplugs in there was no way that things at that volume could possibly be considered music. It was so loud. Jeez. I had earplugs in. Therefore it was tolerable. Well, the volume was. Not the music.

The first band was called Black Cobra. They were a two-piece. Yep. A guitarist and a drummer. OK, in my opinioin, this does not fit the definition of a band. This is, rather, a couple of dudes that have been jamming together since junior high or something, and have not found a bassist. In the paraphrased words of good Rhyandjay, "they've obviously practiced a lot, because their timing is excellent for making music that sounds like garbage". That pretty much sums that up.

The next band was Violent Thorr. I seriously have no idea how I can possibly describe this band. The music was mediocre, although sometimes displayed some refreshing vocal rhythms (albeit with a complete lack of melody). The downer was that the singer was such a raving lunatic. I'm hoping that Ryan (www.rhyandjay.com) will explain his homeless man theory. Anyway, the guy would rant about something like the government slaying people with mind control rays or some other batshit insane theory, and then he would yell, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT???" and the crowd would yell, "YEAH!" except for those of us at the back, who would yell, "NO!!!" We laughed a lot.

The Sword rocked. Not much else to say about that. (Sorry for the lack of links here...I haven't figured out how to do everything in Safari...the tools don't show up like they do in Internet Exploder.)

Now on to the beef. In celebration of my finishing finals, Kerry and Gwen and I went to lunch yesterday. I have a hatred for pink burgers, so I ordered mine well done. It came back bloody pink. Do cooks have to work in the freaking dark or something? We were like the ONLY people in the ENTIRE restaurant. Seriously, I have no idea how that burger could have possibly been not done. I sent it back, which means that the cook probably waited for it to cool and then stuck it between his ass cheeks before cooking it. Oh well, it came back well done this time. Grr.

1 comment:

rhyan/djay said...

My favorite trick when cooking at Perking was to take the burger that was sent back and put the pink parts on the flat top to make them not pink. Didn't really cook the burger any more than it already was, but it looked better. ;^)