Genesis

Ahh December. There's snow on the ground, the air is cold, and once again I've been hit by inspiration to write something. Having forgotten all of my other logins and whatnot, here I am with a new page. In case you're finding yourself wondering at the title of this wonderful site of my mind's purging, try to stop fretting. I'm just being silly. Fear not, noble Ostrich. I don't hate you. In fact, I've never met an Ostrich I didn't like. I've never met an Ostrich at all. For that reason, I've created this page to express my loathing of said stupid bird. If you can't follow this logic, I don't blame you one whit.

Since this is the first post, I really don't have any specific topic to chat about. You can stop reading if you'd like. Really, I won't mind. I'm just gonna ramble. You all know me well anyway, or I wouldn't have given you the URL in the first place.

I'm looking forward to going to see The Sword on Saturday. I'm not usually one for Metal music, but these guys seriously rock. Ryan turned me into a fan by a) giving me their CD and b) taking me to a show last year. It was the only time in all of my concert-going history that I've left while a band was playing for the express purpose of purchasing earplugs. I'm gonna need another pair for this weekend, but I'm amped about the show. It's going to be a fantastic release after finals, and Ryan, T-Rav, and quite possibly Lundo are all going to be present. This is awesome for several reasons. First and most obvious, these guys are my bestest friends and therefore are by default awesome. Second, and less obvious: I'm a wee little guy, and this is a metal show. Therefore, surrounding myself with men of great physical stature is an added bonus, especially if some tool decides that he wants to force-mosh wee little me.

Force-mosh. That's a new one. Perhaps it's something about the genre of Metal music in general, but what the fork is with the incredibly stupid notion that the people around you actually WANT to be assaulted by your smelly swinging fists and butting head? Seriously. People are dumb.

But it's not just Metal music. People are just as dumb at hippie show. There's always some farking reject that wants to spin around and flail and be annoying to everyone. Holy tangent here. The point is that the Sword is going to rule. And that's awesome.

...and it will herald the best time of the winter: Break. I'll be blissfully off of school from December 15th all the way to January 14th. This is a MONTH. That's the longest winter break I've ever had. I lucked out with early finals this year. I can't wait to be able to spend time with my family again.

Of course, I'll still have to be stuck at work all day twiddling my thumbs (not a lot goes on here during the holiday season) but there's nothing wrong with that. Not having to go to school at night makes work seem like a vacation.

My little girl Gwendolyn took a freakin' step last night. She's SO CLOSE to learning how to walk. Last night Kerry and I were at a party for Kerry's work, and Gwen was standing, holding on to a table. She turned around to look at me, let go, and stepped over into my arms. I couldn't believe it. Of course, I was surrounded by all of Kerry's coworkers, so I couldn't scream out my glee. But there it was. I was proud of her. I also taught her how to say "cow" last night. She cracks me up. She just stares at my lips as I form the word, and you can just see her little brain working. She looked at me as I said, "cow", while holding up a small plastic bovine. Then she grabbed it and started going to town. "Kah. Koy. KAW. COW COW COW COW COW!".

That's all for now. Welcome to the new blog. Hopefully I'll actually post on this one. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

takenob said...

Cute Gwenners. Good luck with finals.