Thirsty Thursday

Tonight, I bottle beer! Yes indeed. Kerry's going out on the town this evening for some good quality time with her friend Megan, and I'm home with my lil' Punk. However, my delicate young child goes to bed at 7:00, which will leave me with a blissful amount of time to...well, to bottle beer. The Cream Stout will find a much overdue home this evening, where we will eagerly await its carbonation, in hopes that I didn't somehow screw up the batch.

So last night was really weird. I played some WoW with Reuben and Ryan, and afterwords heard what could only be described as a "commotion" coming from outside. When I peeked out the window, there was this red sleigh that had crashed. It was carrying this fat old guy in a red coat, and was being pulled by what looked like reindeer...

OK No. That didn't happen. What I did see, though, was a car. The car was stopped across the street, running. Some guy (presumably someone that the car's driver knew) was laying on the hood of the car, yelling into the car. Whomever the girl was that was driving was freaking out, like not in a scared way, in a pissed way. She was crazily jerking her head back and forth and whatnot. I couldn't understand what the heck he or she were saying, but my brain puts words to it: "She didn't mean anything to me! Aww come on, baby! Don't go! It was nothing! It was harmless! Really, you're much better at that sort of thing than her!" and so forth.

So of course, I called the cops. It was a commotion, after all, and I have an interest in keeping my neighborhood free of commotion. OK maybe it's because I'm becoming a crochety old man. But seriously, dearest people of the world, if you don't want cops called simply follow these simple rules: Have your ridiculous freakouts
a) In the comforts of your own private residence, and
b) At a lower-than-detectable-by-third-party volume, and
c) Sometime prior to 12:30 AM.

It was funny, because there I was on the phone to police dispatch, and another car pulled up. A guy got out of the car, looked at the man laying on the other car's hood, said something to himself of a "WTF?" nature, and whipped out a cell phone. The police dispatcher said to me, "My partner here is also getting a description of this". I was like, "Yeah, I see a guy on his cell phone outside."

Exciting times. There was a squad car there within SECONDS. That's always nice to see (especially when remembering back to the day several years ago when Ryan's car got nailed in a hit-and-run right out in front of my house, and the police took like 2 hours to respond).

2 comments:

areabassist said...

I'm anxiously awaiting the next batch of Ostrichbrau. On an unrelated note, your blog color scheme reminds me of Primus' "Brown Album". Shake hands with beef!

Ben said...

Funny, it reminds me of Ween's "Paintin' the Town Brown". Similar looking albums, I imagine.