No really...I just want to golf.

My golfing misadventures continued today, but the ending was happy (I got to golf).  It was a beautiful day, and nothing was going to stop me.  Getting there was a tad difficult, though.

I was talking with my friend Kristian over email yesterday, and we decided that it would be a fantastic idea to go golfing this evening.  Not much more was said about it, other than that we were gonna hit Cedarholm.

I got to work this morning, but didn't hear anything from Kristian.  I called Cedarholm and made a tee time for tonight.  (That was golf course phone call #1).  Then, with golf on the brain, I called Theodore Wirth G.C. to make a tee time for Sunday.  (G.C. phone call #2.)  They informed me that they and every other full-sized golf course in the Minneapolis area mandates 18 holes on weekends before 2:00 pm.  I quickly sent an email to my friends, which resulted in dreaded email blueballs.  Once my work email caught up and my friends started replying, the decision was made to hit the par 3 course.

I called Theo Wirth Par 3 course and asked if they had tee times available on Sunday.  (#3.)  They told me that it was first come/first served.  I didn't want to deal with that.  So, I called Brookview and got a tee time on their par 3 (call #4).  Huzzah.  Sunday morning is now taken care of (hopefully.)

I then got an email from Kristian, telling me that he was bailing on me tonight because he's sick.  I sent an email to Kerry, which said something like "ARRRGH ARRGH ARRRRGH!!!" and started checking if anyone else was interested in some short-notice golf.

Ryan was unavailable.

Reuben was, too.

Brian was also unavailable.

T-Rav couldn't swing it this evening, either.

"@#$% it," I said to myself.  "I'm going myself."  I really just wanted to golf.  But I didn't really feel like heading all the way to Roseville all by me onesie.  So I called Cedarholm and cancelled.  (call #5)  I then called to get a tee time at Centerbrook.  (Call #6)  An ancient, gravelly sounding man told me that they didn't do tee times for one person, just come on down.  So, I did.

Ancient and gravelly he was.  He rivaled the freaking knight from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.  I was sent out to finally play my round of golf.  The kicker?  I had to play it with two cocky fresh-outta-college dudes.

Ugh.

Actually, they were nice once the beer cart came around.  (They didn't drink, I did.  It made them nice.)  Furthermore, I was heartened in that I played as well as them.  Either way, it was a nice night for golfing, and I finally got to play a round.  Now, hopefully, no one will get sick on Sunday.

1 comment:

areabassist said...

I'm totally pumped for golf on Sunday! That is unless I'm hungover from the Dethklok show.