Weekend Update!

The weekend was wild and crazy, but based on how long ago my last entry took place I need to go back to before that. Let’s start with last Wednesday and work our way forward in time to the delightful present.

Wednesday night Kerry and I went out for a lovely date. We started with dinner at the Sample Room in Northeast Minneapolis. The food is good there, but the thing that I always forget is that it’s overpriced and small portions. So, without going too far into it, we ate like four different things that left us hungry. From there, we headed to the Ordway for Rent. It was well done, but definitely the weakest performance of the show that I’ve seen. The root of the problem was the American Idol guy that they jammed into the role of Collins. The guy had a good voice, just not one capable of playing that role. His range is too high to play Collins, and as a result he had to sing different notes. Rather than being able to smoothly fit with the music, the result was jarring. It’s my opinion that artists in these roles should be permitted a degree of liberty to make the part their own, but when the result ends up completely changing the melody of the song, that’s bad.

All in all Wednesday was good. Thursday was uneventful, for the most part. Our lovely daughter has decided that she is afraid of going to sleep, though. (This happens at her age). This resulted in a good amount of panicked screaming on her part, with Kerry and I in the living room trying to be quiet. Ugh. Kids are fun. She went to sleep eventually.

On Friday, Kerry and I had the day off and put Gwen in daycare. We went out for breakfast at the Good Day Café in St. Louis Park. Meh. The place is super busy all the time, and their food is good, but I just wasn’t in the mood for it. At noon, we picked the Gwenster up from daycare and hit the road for Bemidji.

My brother-in-law’s Groom’s Dinner was on Friday, and his wedding was on Saturday. Both were fun, although I had to leave the festivities early on both occasions, because lil’ Gwen was melting down by about 8:00 pm. She usually has a bedtime of 7:00, but we pushed her. My gift for being an usher was a set of polyhedral dice, in the wedding colors. AWESOME. After the Groom’s Dinner ended, Kerry came and relieved me. I went out to Bemidji’s Irish Pub, a place called Brigid’s Cross, and hung out with my brother-in-law Keith, Nick, Lars, and a host of others. It was fantastic to get out and hang out with those dudes.

The weather cooperated on the day of the wedding, and everything seemed to go without a hitch. My girls were radiant in their gorgeousness. As for my lil’ doll, she was a pretty pretty princess in a little yellow dress. (Pictures later, hopefully.) As for my wife, I must quote Atmosphere and say, “Every woman looks better in a sundress.” I might be biased, but when you’re talking about someone as pretty as my wife, that’s saying a lot. ;)

No comments: