The celebration of my fatherhood!

As usual, summer is going way too fast. It always happens, though, and the best than can be done about it is to just enjoy every bit of it that you can. That’s my advice, anyway.

Before the weekend, I got to have a nice date with Kerry. We went to Thistles in Robbinsdale, which was quite good. It was amazing that in the five years we’ve lived in our house, we’ve never been to this restaurant. Kerry had some delicious tuna with wasabi, and I had chipotle pork, served with a wonderful sweet potato soufflĂ© and topped with apricot chutney. It was, for lack of better description, hella good. After that we made our way to Coldstone for delicious ice cream. Nom nom nom.
This weekend was fantastic. It started on Friday evening, with a full-on geek out, with another wonderful Dungeons and Dragons session. The excellent surprise was that my good friend John was able to come from Madison to play with us. The bad thing is that a trip that should have taken him like 3 hours took 7, because there were a ton of roads closed in WI. So, he had a hairy drive, but it was good to see him and hang out. We ended up staying awake until 2:00 am, playing D&D and drinking way way too much beer.

My darling daughter decided to get up at 6:00 am on Saturday morning, which meant 4 hours of sleep for me. Needless to say, I was a bit of a zombie that day, but I actually took a nap in the afternoon. That’s usually unheard of for me, but I needed it. Saturday night was pretty uneventful. Kerry and I just chilled out at home.

Sunday morning was Father’s day, and it was fantastic. My girls let me sleep in, and Kerry had baked muffins for me upon my waking. After spending a little time with them and sippin’ some coffee, I was off to play golf with the boys. I played fairly wretchedly, but it was a fantastic morning for golfing. I wound up with a peaceful feeling in my brain and a slight sunburn on my skin. I went out to lunch with the guys afterward at JJ’s Clubhouse, near the golf course. We conversed, drank beer, and had good food. It was funny, because all three of my golfing partners had been over on Friday night for D&D. Us nerds roam in packs.

After I went home, my parents and sister’s family came over for a delicious backyard barbecue. I cooked burgers and brats, and Kerry had prepared the rest of an awesome feast (including a cherry pie from scratch – she actually stemmed and pitted a bowl of cherries for this delectable bit of deliciousness). It was awesome to see my family. All in all, it was pretty much the best weekend ever.

5 comments:

areabassist said...

I demand more D&D and golf this summer. Demand it, I say!

Ben said...

Your cleric follows the fighter through the clearing, past the entrance to the horrible ant cavern. As you emerge, you find...

(rolls 1d6) Your ball! You're currently 160 yards out. What's your proficiency in 7-iron?

areabassist said...

I cast fairie fire on the pin to give me +1 to make the green.

rhyan/djay said...

D'oh, I rolled a 1 on my chip!

"Your ball hits a tree, ricochets through a car window and knocks out the driver, whose car crashes into the clubhouse. Moments later a fry-cook runs out through the hole created by the car, ON FIRE, screaming. In his paniced state, he runs through an oil puddle, which instantly alights into a fireball that eventually consumes everything in the parking lot and the clubhouse.



You take a drop."

rhyan/djay said...

//fishing for LOLs


;^D