Vacation Recap

Actually, there’s not too much to tell about the vacation. It was super fun, though. We left for Bemidji at Gwen’s bedtime on Friday night, and arrived around 11:00 PM. On Saturday morning, my father-in-law and I enjoyed Bloody Maries (nothing like drinking at 8:30 am…hey, it’s VACATION, right? Also, is that really how you pluralize Mary? I just stopped caring) and fixed Gwen’s stroller, which had previously been run over by Kerry (it was totally my fault for leaving it behind the car). Anyway, it’s once again in perfect condition.

That afternoon we attended my father-in-law’s retirement party. It was pretty uneventful, but there was an abundance of bratwurst and delicious BBQ Brisket. I left shortly after 7:00 to take Gwennerpants to bed.

Sunday we left on a “camping” trip to Big Bog State Rec. Area. We stayed in some camper cabins, which were essentially wooden tents. The presence of a screen porch, however, made the mosquitoes and horseflies bearable. This is my speed of camping. I like having a door to shut. I like having a porch to sit on and watch BSG on my iPod. I’ve been tenting a gazillion times, and really, I prefer the cabins. I’m fine either way, but camper cabins are a fun way to camp.

We came back on Monday after a 2-mile hike on the boardwalk. This was the most active vacation I’ve had in quite a while, and this walk was only the beginning.

Tuesday afternoon we went home, but left the next day for my parents’ lake cabin. My grandparents, parents, sister’s family, etc. were there, and it was really fun. Kerry and I decided to try our hand at fishing lake Linka, and I ended up hosing no fewer than 3 fishing rods. Oh well. Kerry caught two perch the size of my thumb, and I caught a big weed. It was fun and relaxing and very cabiny.

We did a bunch more stuff, but that’s the gist of it. It was a really good trip.

2 comments:

rhyan/djay said...

Please expand on how you managed to hose three fishing rods. LOL

Ben said...

I tangled the line...beyond my ability to repair. On all three. Really, I have no clue how that happened. LOL.