Meatless, but full of doodles

On a whim, I decided to go a week without meat. Actually, it’s kind of an experiment to see if the lack of meat (processed meat, especially) makes me feel any better. So far, no change, and I really look forward to the Great Jabbergathering on Saturday night, so that I can get my meat on. That sounds dirty.

In furtherance of this goal, Kerry and I grilled a cheese pizza on the charcoal grill last night. It turned out…OK. One side was rather burned. The charcoal flavor added a definite bit of awesome to the pizza, but that taste didn’t leave, and toward the end of the night it got a bit sickening.

I’m super stoked for the above-referenced Jabbergathering. Essentially, everyone involved with the Jabberboard is going to gather at Ryan’s place for meat, beer, and camaraderie. I get to see a bunch of dudes I haven’t seen in a long time, and life will be good. The prospect of acoustic jams is always awesome as well.

Today, I had an uber-lame training at work. It’s incredibly difficult to focus on such things when they have absolutely nothing to do with my job. However, all of these trainings have a common theme: Powerpoint presentations. Ugh. I hate powerpoint. Seriously. What I hate more than watching someone read off their own stupid slides for an hour is that they invariably PRINT OUT the slides themselves, and give them to everybody as a handout.

I’m positive that anyone in a corporate setting has seen similar handouts. They include barely-readable miniatures of the slides on the screen, and have a space for taking notes next to the picture. Yeah, right. I’m going to go ahead and take notes on this worthless presentation. I’ll get right on that.

This time, I actually did use the space for notes, in a sense. I doodled thorough the entire training. I came up with some fairly creative stuff, actually. (In my opinion). I’m not an artist in any sense of the word, but I was cracking myself up. I have to take the pages home to get decent photos of my doodles, as my ability to text message myself pictures from my cell phone has blown up, apparently.

No comments: