Persistence of Time

I think that the people at the Holiday gas station are getting sick of seeing me. I’ve seriously been in there for three meals in two days, and it’s always the same people working there. They all recognize me. Today at lunch, two of them even engaged in some sort of witty-ish high school banter with me. I have forgotten the meat of the conversation, but I fear that over the course of the last 48 hours I have inadvertently established myself as a Holiday regular.

Just saying that out loud (OK you got me. I didn’t say it out loud at all. I typed it.) makes me think of all that it would entail to actually be a Holiday regular. There would be a few types. First, you’d have the massive traveler, who stops at a multitude of Holiday gas stations in his (or her) travels across the nation. Second, there’s the guy that works down the street from a Holiday station and stops in for gas, food, whatever. Last, you’d have the creepy guy that hangs out by the magazine rack, and after being turned down by the high school aged clerk when he asks for her number, buys an issue of Hustler and a tub of Neutrogena. Weekly. I’m thankful on so many levels that I only fit into category 2.

Kerry, Gwen and I are heading back to the lake on Saturday evening, because the lake is effing awesome. That place is just summer exemplified for me, and I plan on spending a lot of time there.

Ahh, time. I think I’ve just figured out the title for this entry. Hee hee. Summer always kind of bugs me because of how quickly all of the time gets filled with stuff. It’s crazy. I know it’s not just me, either. Planning to do anything with friends is harder during the summer than it is while I’m in school, because seriously, everybody’s always got stuff going on. It’s madness. But it’s SUMMER, and I love it even if it’s hectic.

In other news, I’ve decided that I need to drop 20 pounds. I think that I’m going to use the time-honored method of “eat less and exercise”, but motivation is, as always, a factor. It really doesn’t help that I brew my own beer…it’s like I’m cultivating my beer-gut with my labors. Still, admitting there’s a problem is the first step to recovery. Wait…that sounds like I’m saying I have a beer problem. No, I have a beer-gut problem and an “I’m terribly lazy” problem.

It’s my goal to have Google hits on my blog from people that are just trying to look up Anthrax lyrics and stuff. I love to disappoint.

4 comments:

Travis said...

I also am trying to lose 20 pounds. It's tricky, because since I've been lifting weights, I have more muscle mass than I've ever had, so I'm not actually losing weight. I do feel a hell of a lot better, though. You should try jump rope. It's hard as hell and doesn't take a lot of time. Ten minutes of jump rope is pure hell, but a good workout.

I had to type in SFWGRGL as my anti-spam proof, which I'm pronouncing as Safe For Work Gargle.

rhyan/djay said...

I've lost 40lbs since Sept!

The most exercise I've done is walking.
I tried doing push-ups a couple minutes ago and managed two. LOL

areabassist said...

Damn rygar, that rules!

Eating different, or changing anything else?

rhyan/djay said...

I joined Weightwatchers. I followed the point system religiously from Sept until Christmas, and that's when I lost most of it. I kind stagnated for a while there, but I've lost another 10 lbs over the last month or so (not coincidentally during the same time that I started following that points system more again).

Beer is still the bane of my belly, though. ;)