Go vote!

Vote vote vote!  Go vote!  Vote right now!  Leave work if you have to (that's allowed!) and go vote!

It's important!

Now, on to other things.

My lil' girl does not abide by the rules of Daylight Saving Time.  Therefore, I've been up at 6:00 am at the very latest.  It's been...tiring, because I have trouble convincing myself to go to bed early.  I've managed to go to bed around 11:00 the past couple of nights, though, so it's been OK.  I just always kind of feel like I'm not making good use of my time when I'm asleep.

I've been participating in National Novel Writing Month, which is admittedly ridiculous, but I'm actually on track so far.  It's only been 3 days, though.  Still, I'm writing the silliest novel that I've ever attempted.  It's about a guy that goes to the tropics (the Dominican Republic, specifically) and...well, he gets captured by Voodoo guys.  I don't know what's going to happen from there, though.  I think he'll get some sort of secret powers.  Either way, it's going to read part like a trashy romance novel and part like that episode of the Brady Bunch where the kid gets the hawaiian necklace that makes him fall off of his surf board.  So it'll be pretty bad, if I finish it, but that's just fine.  Nothing says it has to be good.

Other than that, just school and work and kid occupy the time.  It gets dark early and I get sleepy and we keep on keepin' on.

So go vote!  And while you're voting, enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that George W. Bush will soon be gone forever, and we can get this country back in shape again!

No comments: