Tired

Pashooooooooo...

It's been over a month since I've written anything. That's no good, but I assure you I have my reasons. See, I've been studying for the bar exam, and it's sucking up a lot of life. My bar review class meets essentially every night, and I'm still working full time of course. I don't get any time off of work until July 16th, but at that point I get 2 weeks off. I anticipate that my days will be full of studying at that point, however. No rest for the wicked, I guess.

My bar review course has been interesting and a bit grueling. Most of it is lecture, but there are always practice tests to complete, and some of them are actually turned in for grading. I've been told that the Barbri program tends to exaggerate when they grade practice exams -- exaggerate on the underside in order to motivate students to work harder. There have been two so far that have been graded, and my grades have certainly been crappy on them. Ugh.

One point of fun and relaxation thus far came last weekend when Kerry and I met a bunch of our friends for the triumphant return of Phish to Alpine Valley. The show was an absolute blast. The boys were completely on fire -- their playing was tight, the sets consisted of a bunch of songs that made Kerry and I very happy, and everything went off without a hitch. I really couldn't have asked for anything more. It even occurred during a lull in my classes, so that was fantastic.

I'm pretty tired this morning. It's early, of course...currently 6:46 but I've been up for a little while now. My daughter tends to wake up early. I was up late last night watching Clerks 2, and it was incredibly well done. Super funny movie, and very very true to the original. Makes me want to watch the rest of the Jersey movies. Well, not Jersey Girl. I still haven't seen that, but I've heard it's crap so I haven't had any motivation.

Well, that's about all I've got at the moment. I'll try to pop in again soon. Stay classy, Minneapolis.

3 comments:

Recalcitrant Haberdasher said...

I can lend you the Jersey saga if you want. Including the animated series. =)

Jersey Girl, of course, is not part of the saga. Also, I would say the Onion had the correct review on it: the story has been overdone, the dialogue is predictable and, really, we can't see any reason to enjoy this film; yet, for some reason, we did.

Kerry Wilcox said...

Thanks mang. I have the first three on VHS (i know, i know...I haven't felt the need to upgrade since back in the day) and dogma and J&SB Strike Back on DVD. Come to think of it, Dogma might be on VHS as well. Oh well whatever. Hee hee.

Ben said...

And LOL, apparently Kerry was logged into her Gmail when I posted that last comment.