Annoyed

It's monday.  That's about the best way to describe it.  There's a serious feeling of lack-of-motivation going around.  That said, I had about the most productive monday that I could imagine.

It started off with not going to work.  That always makes for a fantastic day.  Unless, of course, you have a midterm to do.  That was my case today, of course.

I have this ridiculous Land Use class, you see, and rather than one final, this dude has two midterms and just has a paper due at the end.  This may sound like a nice way to go about things, but it has the potential of being 30 pages of writing in 10-point font, and there's just no way that that's cool.

In addition to that, the guy is just a horrible teacher.  Nearly every sentence of my notes ends in a question mark.  That doesn't make for a lot of useful material.

So, I downloaded the test last night at about 5:00 pm, and had 24 hours to complete it.  I worked on it until 10:30 last night, and when I woke up this morning and started work on it again at 8:00, I uttered an expletive and deleted everything I'd written.  See, I figured it was all wrong, based on reading it.

Later in the day, I decided that some of it was right.  I managed to throw together what I figure is a fairly decent midterm, and thankfully I was done with it by about 1:30 in the afternoon.  This is nowhere near the end of my productivity.

See, there was other homework that I had to do for tonight, and I totally got done with all of it.  So that's pretty darn rad.  I've also begun an outline for a paper that's due sometime in April.  The outline isn't due until a week from today.  Normally, I would start something like this the night before it's due, but I'm sitting here at school with absolutely nothing to do.  It's been a series of extremely slow days on the jabberboard, and nobody is doing anything interesting on facebook either.  Therefore, I've been super productive because of the specter of absolute boredom.

After doing the homework this afternoon, I actually completely most of my Bar Application.  That's a big weight off of my shoulders, although the most difficult-to-attain bits of it are still not done.

So here I am.  The problem is that I'm surrounded by first-year law students.  Most of them have left, which is like blessed relief.  There are incredibly and undeniably annoying.  I pray that I was never such a dumbass as all of the people that were at tables all around me.

Seriously.  It takes a lot to annoy me.  I have a toddler.  In fact, today there were two toddlers at my house, because Gwen's cousin was over, being babysat  by Kerry.  They were not quiet, by any means.  Yet with all of their toddlerism, they did not even begin to approach the level of annoying that was achieved by a 1L study group.

Well, that's that.  Now I've written a blog, too.  I seriously can't think of a single other thing to do.  Until tonight.  Then it's time for a beer.  Maybe a beer and some WoW.

--BW Out.

2 comments:

areabassist said...

Dude! Wow and beer! I'll be on after 10!

Ben said...

See ya then! :D