Ugh

Holy hangover, Batman.  This sucks.  Seriously.

So I was surprised to discover that my friends Travis and Katy, from Yuma, were in town for Christmas.  They came over to my house last night.  The rest is history.  A blurred, drunken history of which I am not incredibly proud.  I'm sure we had fun.  This morning (and afternoon) no such luck.

I just managed to consume a slice of pizza, and I'm not entirely sure that it's going to stay where I want it to.  After reaching my 30s, it seems that hangovers have changed from the morning inconvenience of my college days, and are now a beastly all-day affair.  At this rate, I'll probably still feel like crud tomorrow.  Ugh.

I guess I deserve it.  It's a nice reminder to myself to take it easy on New Year's Eve

I got a bunch of fun stuff for Christmas this year.  My darling wifey got me a Bose SoundDock, which is awesome.  The slight problem with it is that the remote control doesn't work, and I have to contact Bose directly because it's a factory refurb.  I'm lazy, though, and have just been controlling it un-remotely.

I also got a kit of some Irish Stout from my in-laws.  I was going to brew it tonight, but I'm rethinking that idea.  The smell of brewing beer will not be a fond one this evening, I'm afraid.

Well, looks like I'll go back to my day's activities of sitting and/or lying on this couch.  I leave you with my work-in-progress ode to a hangover, Hands of Fate.

No comments: